This is the “Swing Out” rear tire carrier for the Jeep JK (2007 – Current) from GenRight Off Road.
It is sleek, simple and made of super light weight 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy.
It is completely independent of the rear bumper, so it can be used with any brand rear bumper you might already have.
- Giant 1-3/4″ diameter x .188″ thick wall Aluminum alloy tubing.
- 4 point mounting is rattle free and will not open by itself.
- Completely independent from the rear bumper.
- Swing out tube style carrier cage design.
- Mounts to factory rear door hinges (strong & rattle free).
- 100% TIG welded Aluminum (as pictured)
- Designed to hold from a 33″ up to a 42″ tire.
- Fits any bolt pattern or wheel offset (not stock).
- Corrosion resistant materials require no paint.
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than other brand tire carriers.
- Improves departure angle.
- License plate is re-located to center mount on tire carrier.
- Cover for factory license plate location.
- Pre-drilled for license plate and 3rd brake light wiring.
- Made in USA !
- Sold un-painted.
- Requires drilling holes on drivers side to mount the latch plate.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed and new GenRight pivot points installed (no new holes required) in place of the factory hinge piece.
- If using the factory tail lights the tire carrier brackets may have to be modified to clear (simple trim to clear).
- This tire carrier is also available in a less expensive Steel version (RTC-3800).